- Cookies means A small text file (up to 4KB) created by a website that is stored in the user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences, 
- Data means information in electronic form;
- Data subject means the person to whom personal information relates;
- IP address means a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network;2
- Personal information means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- The biometric information of the person; the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
- POPIA means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013;
- Traffic data means any data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of a communication on an electronic communications network in respect of that communication and includes data relating to the routing, duration or time of a communication,3
- User means a person who uses a computer or other device to access this website; and
- Web browser means an application used to access and view this website. Well know web browsers include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Troye Interactive Solutions does not collect personal information on this site unless you provide the Troye Interactive Solutions with your personal information. If you provide personal information through this site, it will be held by the Secretariat of the Troye Interactive Solutions.
There are places on the site where you can provide personal information, such as:
- Emailing an enquiry to the Troye Interactive Solutions
- Registering for an event
- Making a submission to the Troye Interactive Solutions on a proposed code of practice, regulations, or other public consultation
If you lodge a complaint, make a comment, or give feedback through the website, the
Troye Interactive Solutions will process your email address and other contact details, if provided.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
The Troye Interactive Solutions will only use personal information that you provide through this website for the purposes for which you provided it.
The Troye Interactive Solutions will not make your personal information available to any third party unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you provided the information (for instance to investigate a complaint).
If you make a submission to the Troye Interactive Solutions in a public consultation process, such as commenting on Guidelines, the Troye Interactive Solutions will publish your submission – this is a standard part of the consultation process. The Troye Interactive Solutions also makes submissions available in response to requests under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
The Troye Interactive Solutions may use your personal information for the purposes of administering and improving the site, improving our services, or communicating with you. The personal information you provide to us may be shared with operators to the extent necessary for them to administer and improve the website on our behalf.
The Troye Interactive Solutions will only disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances where authorised by POPIA (for instance to enable the South Africa
Police Service to investigate a criminal offence).
4. WEBSITE ANALYTICS
You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address used by the data subject to access the website, but not the e-mail address or any other personal identifiable information. The information on IP addresses is aggregated to measure the number of visits, the average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. The Troye Interactive Solutions analyses nonidentifiable traffic data to improve our services, via a third (3rd) party programme, namely Google Analytics.
The Troye Interactive Solutions may collect, hold, and use statistical information about website visits to help us improve the website. Such information includes:
- Your IP address;
- The search terms you used;
- The pages accessed on the Troye Interactive Solutions’ website and the links visitors clicked on
- The date and time you visited the website;
- The referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to the Troye Interactive Solutions website; and
- The type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla, or Firefox).
The traffic data is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our website analysis will also respect any “do not track” setting you might have set on your web browser.
6. LINKS TO SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
The Troye Interactive Solutions uses social networking services such as Twitter and Facebook and network sharing services such as ShareThis to communicate with the public about its work. When you communicate with the Troye Interactive Solutions through these services, that social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of the Troye Interactive Solutions’ website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using the Troye Interactive Solutions’ website, their tracking will be associated with your profile with those service providers.
7. YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Troye Interactive Solutions will provide you with access to any personal information that Troye Interactive Solutions holds about you. You may also request Troye Interactive Solutions to correct your personal information. Kindly contact the Troye Interactive Solutions’ Information Officer to request access to your personal information or the correction of your personal information. You can ask to be removed from any of the Troye Interactive Solutions’ subscription lists at any time.
If you need to contact the Information Officer for purposes related to this Website Privacy Notice, please use the following:
Information Officer : Kurt Goodall
Address : Infinity Business Park, 4 Pieter Wenning Road, Witkoppen,2068
Email Address : email@example.com
Contact Number : 011 705 2757