02 Aug Delivering Apps Securely Across Any Network And Cloud
Businesses need to deliver apps with high reliability, deep visibility, and security across any network and cloud. They need to ensure that their workforce, whether in the office, at a branch or any remote business location, have uninterrupted access to all their applications from any device.
Traditional networking and infrastructure solutions continue to pose challenges, as they may lack the necessary automation and visibility, present availability issues, and are limited in scalability.
Network outages, poor-performing applications, and server failures in the datacentre or public cloud all negatively impact user productivity and can potentially result in significant revenue loss.
SaaS, web, and virtualised applications need to be globally available and perform well over any network with high reliability. Provisioning more infrastructure or bandwidth isn’t the answer, this only increases capex spend on resources that don’t solve for the quality and reliability issues.
Enterprises actively pursuing solutions to address application delivery in a SaaS, multi-device, and multi-cloud world should consider that a holistic strategy innately reduces complexities that otherwise would prohibit visibility and control in distributed architectures.
A high-performing, scalable, reliable, and secure application delivery strategy needs to align the application with its underlying delivery network while also ensuring a world-class end-user experience – regardless of when, where, and how users connect to their applications.
Delivering reliability and a high-quality experience
Citrix app delivery and security solutions provide highly available, reliable, and secure application delivery over different networks to users working from anywhere, including branch and off-site locations, using an integrated approach:
- Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) secures, distributes, and optimises traffic to applications and provides identical functionality in any environment – on appliances, hypervisors, containers, or any cloud.
- Citrix Application Delivery Management (ADM) provides centralized visibility to monitor and troubleshoot the entire global application delivery infrastructure.
- Citrix SD-WAN provides secure, resilient, high-performance connectivity for apps in the datacentre, public clouds, or SaaS.
- SD-WAN Orchestrator, a cloud-hosted management tool, provides visibility into the WAN network and application performance by allowing you to generate reports and statistics across sites, users, and links.
- Citrix Gateway consolidates remote access infrastructure and provides users with access to any app, from any device, securely. It allows one to eliminate point solutions such as VPNs, monitors, and single-purpose gateways that drive up costs and complicate IT management. It also offers a single, secure front end that provides single sign-on (SSO) across all internal apps, web apps, and multiple cloud resources. Security features such as multifactor authentication to any application and granular, contextual security policies ensure you can achieve a balance between productivity, experience, and security.
Together, Citrix app delivery and security solutions help businesses ensure global availability of applications with high performance and a high-quality user experience, whether the user is on campus, at a branch, or at any off-site business location.
They also consolidate network and security infrastructure by reducing the number of ADC, WAN, and firewall devices, plus the URLs users need to access their applications. This helps lower costs and provides improved visibility and control over application delivery.
Furthermore, they deliver Zero Trust security with single sign-on (SSO) to all applications, encryption, and a built-in edge security stack at the WAN edge.
Citrix app delivery and security solutions support SaaS, hybrid, and multi-cloud scenarios with secure access from anywhere, including directly from the branch locations over the internet – coupled with centrally managed, granular, contextual policies for SaaS and web application access.
Businesses can now gain visibility and insight into users, applications, data, sites, sessions, and network conditions by providing improved root cause analysis and reduced SLAs. These solutions help ensure employees, contractors and partners have reliable, secure, and consistent access to all the applications they need to be productive, wherever they are.